Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Bonnie's 2nd Birthday


Peppa Pig Birthday

Peppa Pig Birthday

Peppa Pig Birthday

Peppa Pig Birthday

Peppa Pig Birthday

Peppa Pig Birthday Cake

Peppa Pig Birthday Dress

Peppa Pig Party Decor

Peppa Pig Party

Peppa Pig Party

Peppa Pig Party

Peppa Pig Muddy Puddles

Party Details:  Peppa Pig Birthday Banner |  Party Supplies  |  Bonnie's Party Dress  |  Table cover | Pennant and Peppa Sugar Cookies, made by my Mom | Muddy Puddles, made by me

Earlier this month we celebrated Bonnie's second birthday and I'm astounded at how fast these two years have flown by! I'm sure every mama experiences a roller coaster of emotions during this milestone, but nothing could ever prepare me for when it was my turn. It all goes by so fast! But I'm trying to savor every moment while we still can :).

Planning out the theme of Bonnie's second birthday was easy, she's in love with Peppa Pig, so naturally I couldn't wait to plan out the details, complete with muddy puddles. I found the birthday banner on Etsy and used it as inspiration for the picnic theme. The menu consisted of pulled pork sandwiches, curly fries, corn on the cob, Peppa Pig sugar cookies (made by my mom), as well as cookies and cream birthday cupcakes. It was a real treat to have my mom in town (who decorated the most adorable dummy cake) and for the rest of my family who helped put up decorations. For the cake, we wanted something on a bigger scale without having to make a lot of cake, so we opted for a dummy cake. In the end I'm glad we did because the end result was just too pretty to cut into and since it was just close family, it would have been a terrible waste of cake.

Although all the details didn't work out as I'd planned, Bonnie still had a great time and loved every minute of it. Watching her light up and giggle all day (until it was nap time of course), reminded me of what was really important as well as this verse:

'For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'
-Jeremiah 29:11

It wasn't about what I had planned, it was about what God had in store for us and what He knew Bonnie needed that day... it wasn't about fancy frills or picture perfect details, it was about having family together to share this special day. I'm grateful that we can rely on a God who always has our best interest at heart, even though we may not always realize it.

Stay sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment